If you have been arrested and charged for driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI), it is vital that you contact a DUI defense attorney as quickly as possible to begin building your defense case. While you may be tempted to shop around for the cheapest DUI attorney you can find, it is not always in your best interest to pay the lowest price. The least expensive attorneys are often also the least knowledgeable and have lower rates because of their inexperience or poor case histories. You need an attorney who fully understands Mississippi DUI law and how it applies to your case.
A good DUI attorney will have a number of creative defenses he or she can use, including:
– Questioning the validity of breathalyzer results
– Questioning the chain of evidence for blood alcohol test results
– Questioning that the officer who stopped you had probable cause to pull you over
– Proving that there was insufficient evidence to arrest or convict you of a DUI
– Arguing that your BAC was under the limit while you were driving, but was over the limit later if the BAC test was administered some time after your arrest
– Arguing that the police officer did not follow proper DUI procedure during the arrest
At the Law Firm of Ross, Kelley & Martin, PLLC, we understand that having a solid DUI defense is tantamount to winning your case in court. We have the experience, knowledge and resources you need to prevail. Call us today.