If you have been arrested and charged with a DUI, you need to act now and consult with an experienced DUI attorney. DUI penalties in Mississippi are harsh, and will significantly impact your life if you are convicted.
DUI penalties increase with each subsequent offense, and the punishments for an adult DUI differ from the punishments for a DUI if the person is a minor at the time of the arrest. Minors over the legal limit of 0.08% BAC are treated as adults, however, special provisions exist for minors who are under the age of 21 and are arrested with a BAC of 0.02%-0.07%.
If you are found guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol, you could face:
– Court costs
– Mandatory participation in the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program (MASEP)
– Mandatory Victim Impact Panel training
– Suspension of driver’s license
– Community service
– Mandatory participation in a court ordered alcohol/drug treatment program
– Vehicle impoundment
– Increased insurance premiums
– Loss of insurance
– Mandatory ignition interlock installation in your vehicle
– Vehicle seizure or forfeiture
If you have a CDL license, you having your CDL suspended or revoked for the remainder of your life.
Don’t wait to contact an attorney if you have been charged with a DUI. Call the Law Firm of Ross, Kelley & Martin, PLLC today to discuss building a solid DUI defense that will minimize or eliminate DUI penalties.